Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Day 231 - Thursday, August 19, 2010


Day 231 - Thursday, August 19, 2010 – While, and I quote from the Oakland Press "the National Weather Service storm survey team concluded that the damage observed in and around the Lake Orion, Oxford, and Metamora areas was consistent with thunderstorm straight line winds with speeds up to 70 mph", I beg to differ. They did not see the rain and lake water swirling in several spirals during this half hour ordeal. I've never seen anything like it. And, even though there is a tornado siren directly across the street (I can see the siren from my front porch), there was no alarm being sounded. Really? Obviously, the kids and I took cover in the basement, but not until the storm was literally right on top of us. If these were straight line winds, how did a piece of patio furniture get sucked from the middle of our backyard patio and get twisted up like a pretzel landing in the front yard of the empty lot next door to us. I'm no meteorologist, but, I'll tell ya, THAT was a freaking tornado.

1 comment:

Kim said...

I would have to agree...tornado!